Why Video Psychotherapy?
If you want to maintain an ongoing relationship with a therapist and you:
- Have an unpredictable work schedule week to week
- Would benefit from doing therapy in the comfort of your home or office (many patients take a lunch break or book a conference room at work to do our sessions)
- Travel frequently
- Are an expectant or new parent
- Have difficulty commuting to a therapist’s office once or twice a week for health or logistical reasons
- Live with chronic pain and/or illness
- Live in a part of New York State in which it is challenging to access clinicians who specialize in working with some of my areas of expertise
How Video Psychotherapy Works
My online therapy platform uses secure video conferencing to enable face-to-face conversations. The video call is secure and confidential, and nothing is recorded or kept in any way. When you schedule an appointment, I will send you a private, secure link via email, enabling you (and only you) to connect by video at the time of your appointment.
Determining if Video Psychotherapy is right for you:
- Are you having thoughts of harming or killing yourself or someone else?
- Are you experiencing an immediate crisis?
- Are you experiencing any delusions, hallucinations, disorganized thinking or psychotic symptoms?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above statements, then online counseling is not a good fit for your current needs. You would likely benefit from in-person therapy sessions.
How Does It Work?
All you need is:
- Internet connection (with enough bandwidth to support a video conference call)
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone
- A quiet, private, and well-lit space with no distractions
- A set of headphones or earbuds
I use zoom.com to ensure HIPPA compliance.
How Do I Get Started?
I offer free 15-minute phone sessions to assess whether or not this is a good fit for everyone. Feel free to reach out and we can schedule the initial call and then we can proceed from there in setting up your first session. When we schedule your first appointment, I will send you a link via email, enabling you to connect by video at the time of your appointment. At the time of your appointment, you'll go to my specific practice URL, type in your name when prompted, and be taken to my virtual waiting room. I'll get a notification that you're ready and I'll login to join the session.